Start your day with a healthful, energizing matcha latte. Using creamy milk, a little sugar, and matcha green tea powder, this quick and simple recipe creates a flavor balance that will make you feel energized and ready to take on the world. tasty whether warm or cold.
How to Prepare a Homemade Matcha Latte
Source: Ade Koerniawan
- 1 1/2 teaspoons matcha powder
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 3/4 cup hot milk
- Honey or sweetener to taste
- Small whisk
- Coffee cup
How to Make a Matcha Latte
- Fill a mug with sugar and matcha powder: Pour 2 tsp sugar and 1 tsp matcha green tea powder into a mug or cup.
- Combine with hot water: To prevent lumps from forming, add 3 tsp warm water and whisk or mix with a spoon until it is a smooth, dark green paste.
Include milk: When the 250ml of milk is warm, pour it into the mug until it is almost full. If making an iced latte, use cold milk.
- Combine thoroughly: The paste and milk should be thoroughly blended and turned a light green color using a whisk.
- Garnish and serve: You may choose to decorate the top with a few sprinklings of matcha green tea powder. Or, for an iced latte that’s extra cold, add ice.