Fall, 2014: 20TH ANNIVERSARY Revised edition Massacre of the Dreamers: Essays on Xicanisma (UNMP)
Fall, 2014 Give It To Me: Novel (The Feminist Press; NY)
Spring, 2015 MY Mother’s Mexico (New and Collected Essays) (The Feminist Press, NY)
- The Guardians, 2007
- Psst . . .: I Have Something to Tell You, Mi Amor: Two Plays, 2005
- Watercolor Women/Opaque Men: A Novel in Verse, 2005
- I Ask the Impossible: Poems, 2001
- My Daughter, My Son, The Eagle, The Dove, (Young readers), English and Spanish editions, Dutton Children’s Books, 2000. 2000 Americas Award for Children’s and Young Adult Literature Commended Title.
- Peel My Love Like an Onion, English and Spanish editions. Nominated for the Dublin Prize, 2000.
- Loverboys: Stories, 1996, Paperback 1997.
- Goddess of the Americas/La Diosa de las Américas, (editor, anthology), English and Spanish editions, 1996.
- Massacre of the Dreamers: Essays on Xicanisma, (critical essays), 1994
- My Father Was a Toltec: and Selected Poems, 1995. This edition includes the entire previous edition My Father Was a Toltec, selections from first three collections, and early anthologized poetry.
- Ana Castillo reading from her works [sound recording]. 1994. Recorded Dec. 2, 1994, in the Recording Laboratory, studio A, Library of Congress, Washington, D.C. for the Archive of Hispanic Literature on Tape.
- Recent Chicano poetry: Neueste Chicano-Lyrik, (co-editor, poetry anthology) with Heiner Bus, University of Bamberg, 1994.
- Sapogonia: an anti-romance in 3/8 meter, 1994 (uncut
version of the novel)
- So Far from God: A Novel, (This novel was also published in Great Britain, Germany, Mexico, Latin America, Spain and Turkey. Optioned for film by director Linda Mendoza) New York Times Notable Book, 1994.
- The Sexuality of Latinas, edited with Norma Alarcon & Cherrie Moraga, English and Spanish editions, 1993
- The Mixquiahuala Letters, English and Spanish editions, 1986, reprinted in 1992.
- Sapogonia, 1994 (revised); and Bilingual Review Press, 1990. New York Times Notable Book, 1994.
- Esta Puente, Mi Espalda: Voces De Mujeres Tercermundistas En Los Estados Unidos, editado por Cherríe Moraga y Ana Castillo; traducido por Ana Castillo y Norma Alarcón, 1988 (essays)
- My Father Was a Toltec: poems, 1988
- Women Are Not Roses, (poetry), 1984.
- The Invitation., (poetry chapbook), 1979 (reprinted in 1986).
- Otro Canto, (poetry chapbook), 1977.